Your cart is currently empty!
Buying toilet partitions can be the tough part, but what many toilet partitions suppliers don’t mention is the aftercare once you’ve installed these bathroom partitions. What types of cleaners are good to use on the different restroom partitions? And how can you keep your newly purchased toilet partitions looking as good as they did when you first bought them?
Powder Coated Steel Partitions
- Dust or Dirt: Use a cloth or paper towel to wipe off.
- Soil, grease & water spots: Use warm water & a mild cleaner. Wipe off remaining moisture, to prevent further spots.
- Hardware: can maintain a clean appearance with use of a non-abrasive cleaner and a dampened cloth.
- Graffiti Cleaners: Specialized graffiti cleaners: can safely be used on anti-graffiti powder coatings. Commercial graffiti cleaners: are NOT recommended on a normal powder coating finish.
What can be done to prevent rusting?
- While metal typically is known for having a susceptibility to rust, the steel on a powder coated steel bathroom stall is galvanized. This is a somewhat new innovation for steel toilet stalls, which may explain why owners note their previous bathroom partitions rusting.
- Metal that goes through the galvanisation process carries a substantial corrosion resistance. Owners of bathroom stalls with this material should not have to worry about rusting in its life cycle.
Is it safe to apply an abrasive cleaner to the material?
- It is highly recommended that only light cleaners are used on the material. The usage of more abrasive cleaners can damage the surface material damages range from minor scratches to paint chipping.
- To preserve the quality of the partitions/screens, use mild detergents.
These restroom partitions are advertised as economical; are they durable?
- While the cost of these toilet partitions are relatively low compared to others, Powder Coated Steel does not sacrifice quality for the cost. They are constructed with the intent of being used very heavily.
High Pressure Laminate Partitions
- Fingerprints, smudges, or other sediment: a mild cleaning agent can be used to remove these minor issues. If the surface is smooth, using a cloth or sponge is the best way to go; if the surface is textured, a soft brush can do the trick. Rinse & dry all the way for best results.
- Greased soil, oil, crayon, or even lipstick: use a mild degreaser or all purpose cleaner. using a damp cloth, sponge, or soft bristled brush with the cleaner you prefer and apply it to the trouble spots. Rinse and dry.
- Watermarking or scaling: use of a stronger cleaner is needed. Bathroom cleaners with acetic acid are the best choice for removing these stains use a cloth, sponge, or soft-bristled brush with the cleaning agent on it, and rinse/dry all the way.
- Graffiti: bathroom cleaners or other cleaning solutions will not do the job removing it. For situations where this has happened, it is recommended to use a special graffiti remover. Apply to the affected surface by spraying or wiping the remover on, using a cloth or sponge. Rinse and dry all the way.
Can abrasive cleaners be used on this material?
- Even though high pressure laminate toilet partitions occasionally differ with regards to laminated surfaces, an overwhelming majority of these surfaces will be permanently damaged if an overly abrasive cleaner is applied. Bleaches can cause discoloration and are not recommended, and polishes can cause residual buildup.
Can this material be hosed down?
- While the process of cleaning one of these toilet partitions does involve rinsing and drying in many situations, hosing down the material is strongly discouraged. If a substantial amount of water gets absorbed, the surface may become delaminated. Instead, use a cloth, sponge, or brush that is dampened with the corresponding cleaner for a given situation.
Resistall Plastic Partitions
- General cleaning: is a simple process on a Resistall plastic bathroom partition. It is a low-hassle material that if cleaned and maintained properly, will reduce costs in the long run.
- For mild stains/general soiling: the appearance of the surface can be restored by using a mild cleaner and water.
- Tougher stains: can be counteracted by the usage of a cleaning solution that contains 2/3 cup of trisodium phosphate, 1/2 cup of household detergent, and a gallon of water.
- If those solutions are not viable, a non-abrasive industrial-strength cleaner will do the job without damaging the surface of the bathroom partition.
Can abrasive cleaners be used on this material?
- It is highly recommended that abrasive materials are not used for cleaning the material, as they can cause severe aesthetic damages. While the material can be burnished as a method of restoration, repeated usage can cause unrestorable damages.
Can a Resistall plastic bathroom partition be hosed down?
- While Resistall plastic does not have a solid material all the way through like solid plastic toilet partitions, they all still maintain a property of impermeability – that is, they cannot retain and/or absorb water. Resistall is an ideal candidate for power-washing and hose-down cleaning.
How durable is the material?
- Resistall plastic toilet partitions have a physically flexible construction – however, they are still very durable. Substantial testing has indicated that Resistall plastic has a stronger resistance to metal with regards to scratching and denting.
Solid Plastic Partitions (HDPE)
- General Cleaning: is accomplished simply on a solid plastic restroom partition. Making maintenance a regular habit will keep upkeep costs low and reduce overall hassle in the long run.
- General soiling: acceptable appearance can be reestablished through use of water and a mild cleaner on the surface.
- Tough stains: a cleaning solution containing 1/2 cup of household detergent, 2/3 cup of trisodium phosphate, and 1 gallon of water is suggested. Alternatively, any non-abrasive industrial-strength cleaner will suffice.
Can abrasive cleaners be used on this material?
- While the repercussions of using an abrasive material are certainly lower on solid plastic, it is still highly advised to not use abrasive cleaners. Burnishing the material can only restore it to near original condition for so long.
Can I hose this bathroom partition down?
- Yes, you can! High-density polyethylene, or HDPE (the material that is used in these bathroom partitions) is actually impermeable, meaning it is impervious to water absorption. Because of the impermeability characteristic, solid plastic will not fall to water damage, and it is rust-proof as well.
Are these toilet partitions durable?
- Very much so. Solid Plastic toilet partitions are a solid color throughout, making aesthetic damages difficult to see. If scratches occur as a result of vandalism, it is possible to repair them through the process of burnishing, as mentioned before.
Stainless Steel Partitions
- Dirt Buildup: can be removed with a metal cleaner that is specially intended for a stainless steel surface.
- Mineral deposits: needing to be scoured can be removed with a slightly abrasive powder like Ajax.
- Tougher markings like fingerprints, grease, and oil: can be removed with a solution containing a detergent, water, and a solvent like acetone or kerosene. If these markings appear on the surface of the partition, rub the cleaning solution in the direction of the metal’s grain.
- Once the stainless steel has been treated with the appropriate cleaning solution and cleaned appropriately, be sure to rinse the surface with clear water. Wipe with a soft cloth thoroughly to reduce and remove all traces of the cleaner � again, rub and wipe in the direction of the metal’s grain.
Because this partition is made from metal, should I be concerned about rust?
- Stainless steel has a natural ability to resist rust. These toilet partitions use type 304 stainless steel, which carries a corrosion resistance due to the presence of chromium. While this resistance is documented, stainless steel is not completely excluded from rusting.
What should not be used to clean stainless steel?
- Despite a natural resistance to corrosion, cleaners with bleach or hydrochloric acid can cause rust/discoloration to form. Additionally, products like steel wool can cause severe aesthetic damages to the material, making it impossible to restore to its preeminent appearance.
Can I polish stainless steel toilet partitions?
- Yes you can, grab your favorite polish and rag, or follow these steps from WikiHow.
Solid Phenolic Core Partitions
- Smudges, fingerprints, or other residues: found on a solid phenolic bathroom stall’s surface can be removed with a mild cleaning solution. Smooth surfaces can be cleaned with a cloth and/or sponge; textured surfaces can be cleaned with a soft brush. Rinse thoroughly, and dry.
- Oil, crayon, lipstick, greased soil and other difficult stains: can be removed with a general purpose cleaner, or a mild degreaser. Dampen either a cloth, sponge, or a soft bristled brush with the corresponding cleaner and apply it to the affected area. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Extremely difficult soiling, like water and soiling: requires a more powerful cleaner than a mild detergent/general purpose cleaner. A bathroom cleaner containing acetic acid is a great choice for removal of the stain. Wet a cloth, sponge, or soft bristled brush with the desired cleaner, and rinse/dry thoroughly.
- Graffiti: Solid Phenolic bathroom partitions whose surfaces have been affected by graffiti cannot be cleaned with ordinary cleaners and/or detergents. Instead, they have to be appropriately treated with a graffiti remover. Spray or wipe the remover onto the surface with a cloth or sponge, and rinse/dry fully.
Can abrasive cleaners be applied to this material?
- While the flexibility of color choices lends solid phenolic bathroom stalls to be highly customizable, damage will almost certainly be permanent if an abrasive cleaner is added to the material. Discoloration can result with use of bleaches, and polishes can cause residue to build up in various parts of the material.
Can the material be hosed down?
- Yes, they can be hosed down, unlike their high pressure laminate counterpart. Solid Phenolic toilet partitions have a core composed of multi-layer, resin-infused kraft paper. The resin infusion combined with the melamine surface adds an impermeability (resistance/proofing to water).