Toilet partitions may seem complicated, but they needn’t be. When the process of purchasing, installing and maintaining toilet partitions is broken down, it becomes easy to understand and execute. When selecting partitions, you’ll need to consider the bathroom space, so that you can buy the appropriate material, in the correct color or pattern. Also, correctly assessing the area will allow you to choose the best mounting option. Taking delivery of partitions is simple, and frequently, professionals handle the installation process. There are some points to consider if you plan to install the partitions yourself. Protecting your investment with ongoing cleaning and maintenance is essential and worth planning. All in all, obtaining high-quality toilet partitions for your bathroom is an easy and exciting process.
Purchasing Toilet Partitions
Consider Material & Color
Once you’ve decided to purchase replacement partitions or partitions for new construction, the most critical consideration is material. Reputable partition retailers will offer a wide variety of materials. Some of the materials you may encounter are as follows.
- Metal – powder coated steel toilet partitions are accessible because they are inexpensive and ship quickly. However, they are not the most durable option. For many consumers, they strike a fair balance between money and utility.
- Laminate – high-pressure laminate partitions are laminate (such as Formica) over top of a particle board core. Similar to metal partitions, laminate partitions are inexpensive and intended for light duty. The advantage over metal is that retailers offer laminates in many colors and faux textures.
- Solid Plastic – high-density polyethylene partitions are the best blend of cost and durability. They are also environmentally sound, as manufacturers build them from more recycled materials than other partition varieties. HDPE is entirely resistant to water, making it much more durable than metal and laminate, and it can endure aggressive cleaning without issue.
- Stainless Steel – stainless steel partitions offer the same durability as powder coated steel toilet partitions but feature a brushed stainless steel finish that instantly upgrades your space. Stainless is best for prestige bathrooms that will see everyday use. The luxury styling does come at a price premium.
- Solid Phenolic – Solid phenolic stalls cost more than some other materials but offer a great blend of design flexibility and durability. Bulletproof, phenolic toilet partitions are also entirely waterproof. Manufacturers construct phenolic layers of resin and laminate fused under heat and pressure. The material is also easy to clean. Because solid phenolic is built using laminate, manufacturers offer it in an extensive range of faux textures and colors.
Think About Mounting and Layout Styles
Toilet partitions are laid out and mounted to their surroundings in a variety of styles. Be sure to discuss the best options with your partition retailer before ordering. Some configurations can save on materials, make maintenance more manageable, and increase overall durability.
Your toilet partition retailer may also sell washroom accessories and offer them at a reduced rate if you are purchasing bathroom stalls. Restrooms need grab bars, toilet paper dispensers, and related items, so it may be best to buy them with your toilet partitions.
Partition Delivery and Installation
Be Prepared to Receive Your Toilet Partition Order
When taking delivery of your partitions, make sure you are ready to receive them. For facilities without a dock, customers should be prepared to offload the partitions from the delivery vehicle. If the truck driver needs to make use of the truck’s “lift gate,” there may be a charge for using the equipment. For this reason, it is best to have a team of energetic individuals ready to help unload the materials. This planning will make the lightest, least expensive work, of your toilet partition delivery.
Self Installing Toilet Partitions
You can self install your partitions if you feel comfortable. Many DIYers can handle the task without much difficulty. It is essential that you have some knowledge of materials and assembly processes. As with delivery, having a small group of helpers will aid in the installation processes. Likewise, having all the correct tools will make the process easier. Contact your partition retailer for more information about what skills and tools will be required to install your specific partition order.
Professional Toilet Partition Installation
Many partition firms not only sell partitions but offer installation services as well, if you are in their geographic area. As with many other potentially DIYable tasks, if you feel at all uncomfortable with the idea of installing your bathroom stalls, it would be best to contract with a specialist to have them installed. It is usually just a portion of the cost of the materials and requires only a few hours in most cases.
Ongoing Toilet Partition Maintenance
Protect Your Investment
Make sure the effort you’ve put forth to select and install your partitions doesn’t go to waste – make sure your bathroom stalls are adequately maintained — occasionally cleaning and conducting safety checks.
Clean and Tighten Fasteners
Add partitions to your regular bathroom cleaning regimen. A light cleaning solution will handle most soil before it becomes a problem. While cleaning, check for loose screws or wobbly panels. Be sure to rinse and dry partitions entirely after cleaning.
Deep Cleaning Recommendations
For recommendations on deep cleaning or addressing graffiti and vandalism, contact your partition retailer or visit your partition manufacturer’s website. More aggressive cleaning methods vary by material. You should always avoid abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals.