Plastic laminate is a cheap and effective tool for high-traffic bathrooms, but they can be quickly worn down or host fungal growth if the custodians are not trained to properly maintain good hygiene. Here is a quick checklist to make sure the cleaning goes as well as possible.
- Prepare all necessary materials – you will need the following items to properly clean and protect plastic laminate partitions:
- Non-abrasive cotton cloth
- Soapy water
- Baking soda
- Transparent furniture wax
- Start by wiping away dirt and smudges – wiping soapy water with the non-abrasive cotton cloth should be enough to get rid of dirt that finds its way on the laminate. This should also effectively remove any scents that linger on the stalls themselves.
- Use a baking soda paste on tougher stains – if there are stains that can’t be wiped away with soapy water, a thick paste of water and baking soda should do the trick. Applying a little paste on the cloth and wiping in small circles should be enough to remove the stains without abrading or scratching the surface of the partitions.
- Apply a coat of furniture wax – furniture wax is the secret to keeping plastic laminate partitions nice and shiny. It will provide a waterproof layer that prevents moisture from getting into the plastic; significantly increasing the lifespan of your partitions. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be able to keep your partitions clean while making them last much longer than they normally would!
For more about toilet partitions, accessories, and various other products, visit us at Partition Plus Online.
Want to learn more about cleaning toilet partitions? Check out our F.A.Q.