Product / Info
Solid Color Reinforced Composite
Solid Color All The Way Through
Solid Color Reinforced Composite is a dyed wood fibrous material that is reinforced with polycarbonate and phenolic resins coated with a non-ghosting, graffiti-resistant surface thermoset and integrally fused into a homogeneous piece.
Resistant to Moisture, Impacts, Scratches and Dents
In terms of impact force SCRC ( Solid Color Reinforced Composite ) was able to handle 34 inch-lbs of impact force before denting, whereas standard untreated HDPE was only able to handle 5 inch-lbs impact force before denting. As for scratch resistance SCRC was able to withstand a 10kg load before damage occurred while standard untreated HDPE withstood a 5 kg load before damage occurred.
Class B ASTM E 84 Interior Wall and Ceiling Finish Classification
The surface burning characteristics of SCRC handled the flame spread and smoke development as follows: For 3/4" thick stiles and doors the flame spread index was 45, for the smoke developed index is was 95. For 1/2" thick panels the flame spread index was 45 and the smoke developed index was 120. The ICC & NFPA class B flame spread index: 26 - 75, and smoke developed index: 0 - 450 as per ASTM E 84-01.
Graffiti Removal Without Ghosting
For graffiti tests against untreated HPDE, SCRC was able to have 9 out of 9 graffiti marks removed, whereas standard untreated HDPE was only able to remove 3 out of 9 marks. Using a 10 fl oz bottle of graffiti remover ( 891099 ).
LEED Certification Helpful
The SierraSeries toilet stalls help add to the LEED certification program credits in new construction & existing buildings. They get 5.1 / 5.2 credits for local regional materials in the " Materials & Resources " category, since Bobrick's manufacturing plants are located on the eastcoast, westcoast and Tennessee, allowing projects in many parts of the country to earn credits. As well get 4.4 credits for low emitting materials in the " Indoor Environmental Quality " category, since it doesn't contain urea-formaldehyde.
Quick Ship Information
SierraSeries bathroom partitions are only come in 4 colors: Golden Khaki, Desert Beige, Terra Cotta, and Forest Green.
All SierraSeries restroom partitions have a relatively quick lead time of 10 days.
Click image to see a side by side comparison of all toilet stall materials.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Is there a Warranty?
- Yes, a 25 year Warranty.
Can these restroom partitions be repaired?
- While you shouldn't need to, since SCRC comes with excellent scratch resistant properties.
- It should be noted that vandalism with sharp pointed objects can cause damage to the material.
- The following methods can be used to repair if this happens.
- Light surface scratch / scuff repair. Applying sealant
- Needed Items: Paper Towels, Sealant (e.g., Bobrick Graffiti Remover or silicone sealant)
- 1. Clean off whitened edges of scratch by firmly scraping dry paper towel along (i.e. parallel to) scratch.
- 2. Moisten paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (Model #891099) or silicone sealant.
- 3. Liberally apply sealant to scratched area.
- 4. Allow sealant to set in scratch for one - two minutes.
- 5. Lightly wipe off excess sealant with dry paper towel.
- Light to Moderate scratch repair. Filling in scratch with specialized crayon
- Needed Items: Matching Color Crayon, Paper Towels, Acetone (or Bobrick Graffiti Remover)
- 1. Moisten dry paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (Model #891099).
- 2. Clean off whitened edges of scratch by wiping moistened paper towel along (i.e. parallel to) scratch.
- 3. Dry surface of material off with clean paper towel.
- 4. Select appropriate crayon: SCRC Color Matching Color Crayon
- a. Golden Khaki Crayola™ Crayon – Gold
- b. Desert Beige Crayola™ Crayon – Tumbleweed
- c. Terra Cotta Crayola™ Crayon – Desert Sand
- d. Forest Green Crayola™ Crayon – Shadow
- 5. Rub crayon across (i.e., perpendicular to) grain of scratch to completely fill in scratch.
- 6. Moisten paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (or acetone).
- 7. Clean off excess crayon around scratch by rubbing moistened paper towel lightly across grain of scratch.
- Light surface scratch / scuff repair. Applying sealant
- Finishing Technique A
- 1. Clean sanded surface with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (#891099).
- 2. Seal sanded surface by applying two coats of silicone sealant.
- 3. Allow sealant to dry for 24 hours.
- Finishing Technique B
- 1. Smooth out rough sanding marks with medium grit sandpaper (180-grit).
- 2. Blend whitened appearance of sanded area by wet-sanding with 2000-grit sandpaper.
CAN I POWERWASH SIERRA SERIES?
- Remove any formed dirt and/or using a soft cloth.
- Make sure the restroom partitions in shower or hose-down areas are in well ventilated areas to allow for extra humidity to dry.
- Specialized graffiti removers can safely be used on anti-graffiti ( SCRC ) coatings.
- Apply self-cleaning wax routinely will make the graffiti cleaning easier. These products are gentle and normally don't need stripping.
NOTE: Don't clean with harsh cleaners that have abrasives, acids, or alkalis, they'll etch, discolor or damage the surface.
- These kind of cleaners include:
- Abrasive powder cleaners
- Toilet bowl cleaners
- Rust removers
- Ceramic tile cleaners
- Use a high quality concentrated D-limonene based solvent ( such as Bobrick Graffiti Remover ) applied with a soft cloth;
- Permanent Marker
- Enamel Spray Paints
- Markers ( containing Xylene )
- Metallic Markers
- Laundry Pens
- Paint Pens
- For tough stains apply cleaner using nylon scrub pad.
- This works for issues from:
Caution: Many solvents are very flammable, keep away from sparks and open flames.
- SCRC is resistant to scratches, however sharp objects can still cause damage. If this happens, you can sand the area or fill the scratch with a matching color crayon.
FOR BURN MARKS OR GOUGES
- Use an electric sander with a coarse 80-grit sandpaper to sand the affected area. Re-sand the area using a medium 180-grit sandpaper. Then to blend the color into the surrounding area, wet-sand the area using a fine 2000-grit wet / dry sandpaper.
We've also create a blog post, specifically written to assist you in cleaning your toilet stalls the correct way so that no damage will be done to them through the cleaning process. View the section " Sierra Series Restroom Partition Cleaning Instructions".
Have some more questions about Sierra Series bathroom partitions? Visit our " Frequently Asked Questions " section.
- Gap free design that interlocks
- No sight lines
- Maximum height:
- 72" Doors / Panels
- 4 5/16" Floor Clearance
- Standard or Optional Full Height hardware
- 1090 Sierra and 1080 / 1180 DuraLine Series Option
- Overhead Braced, Ceiling Hung, Floor To Ceiling
- Floor Anchored: 1080 / 1180 Series only
CONCEALED HARDWARE STANDARD: STAINLESS STEEL
Using 304 satin finish stainless steel that's heavy gauge steel. These durable barrel hinges can be adjusted for partial opening or self-closing. Panel-to-stile brackets consist of a through bolted design and latches are reinforced with a through-bolted keeper. There is also a through bolted clothes hook and Vandal resistant door stops. As well an emergency access door lifts from outside but not on outswing doors.
FULL HEIGHT STAINLESS STEEL HARDWARE OPTIONAL
This hardware also comes in a heavy-gauge type 304 satin finish stainless steel. Has a self-closing hinge that runs the full height of the door. An through-bolted panel-to-stile angle brackets and U-channels that run the full height of the panels. Also equipped with vandal-resistant door stops & clothes hooks. An a reinforced latch with through-bolted keeper. The emergency access door lifts from the outside except on outswing doors as well. Please add suffix .67 to 1092 series number.
STILE BASE LEVELING DEVICE
With a 7-gauge steel angel leveling bar that is factory-installed to stile. A 3/8" ( 10mm ) diameter stainless steel wedge floor anchors. A patented one-piece pilaster shoe conceals stile leveling device.
FACTORY-INSTALLED INSERTS COME STANDARD: THROUGH-BOLTED HARDWARE
Door hardware is secured via threaded brass inserts that provide metal-to-metal contact. Clothes hooks, latch keepers and panel-to-stile brackets are attached by through-bolted fasteners.
Manufacturer Supplied Instructions
- Chalk line
- Tape Measure
- Contractor's Pencil
- Electric and/or Battery-Powered Drills
- #19 (.166") bit
- 3⁄16" (4.7mm) bit
- 17⁄64" (6.7mm) bit
- 3⁄8" (9.5mm) for Concrete/Masonry bit
- 7⁄16" (11mm) bit
- Screwdrivers/Screwdriver Bits
- flathead and phillips, #2 and #3
- Pin-in-Head Torx Driver
- Hex Driver Shank Extension
- Adjustable Supports
- 1-1⁄2" to 12" (40 - 105mm)
- Adjustable Wrench or 9⁄16" (14mm) open end
- Allen Wrench - 5⁄64" (2mm)
- Hack Saw or Miter Saw
- Safety Glasses