Bobrick B-5898 bars are manufactured from satin finish stainless steel tubing with 1 ¼” (32mm) outside diameter. B-5898 units measure 30″ (760mm) by 30″ (760mm). Tubing is 18-8, type 304, 18 gauge stainless, while the concealed mounting flanges are 18-8, type 304, ⅛” (3mm) thick stainless. Snap covers are 18-8, type 304, 22 gauge stainless.
- Satin finish is standard, satin finish with peened gripping surface optional
- Clearance (inside bar to wall distance) is 1 ½” (38mm)
- Bar designs with 1 ½” (38mm) wall clearance can support loads exceeding 900 lbs (408kg) when installed per recommendations, other configurations can support loads exceeding 250 lbs (113kg) when properly installed
- Grab bar load capacity depends on wall and anchor strength
- Flanges constructed with two screw holes for versatile mounting
Permanently attached covers snap over flanges to conceal screws (or fasteners) used in mounting
- Download the Bobrick B-5898 Technical Data Sheet (PDF)